Root canal for kids can be defined as a surgical procedure that is used to get rid of the infected or diseased tooth pulp. Going for this treatment helps to prevent tooth loss at a young age. Do you fear taking your child to a clinic for root canal therapy? Well, if you do, then going through this blog can be beneficial.
Firstly, let us discuss the need for root canal treatment. It is generally used to stop tooth decay and infection. People often think that a root canal is only required to be done in the case of adults. This is a complete misconception. A root canal can be done at any age on both baby and adult teeth. As mentioned before, the primary aim of the treatment is to avoid loss of teeth. Some examples of situations where root canal becomes the only viable option left for your child have been mentioned in the pointers:
- If your child has a damaged tooth due to an injury or accident
- If there is a serious infection in the tooth
- If there is a form a pocket of pus or an abscess
- If tooth loss is causing eating problems or speech issues
You need to know that this kind of treatment is generally required if the damage is severe. In case you feel that your kid needs a root canal, do discuss it with the best pediatric dentist near you.
Signs of your Kid needing Root Canal
Here at Spanaway Children’s Dentistry, we have always tried to educate parents about various topics related to their kids’ oral health. Keeping this in mind, we have also provided the symptoms that should not be ignored at all. On the other hand, contact a pediatric dentist as early as possible.
- If you are child is suffering from unexplained teeth pain
- If the affected tooth is getting loose
- If your kid is suffering from teeth sensitivity
- Redness around the affected tooth
- Inflammation around the affected tooth
In case your child experiences any such signs, reach the nearby dental clinic. You can book an appointment at Spanaway Children’s Dentistry if you are looking for root canal therapy for kids in Spanaway, WA.
How to avoid the Root Canal?
A root canal is still considered to be a critical dental procedure. The need to go for this treatment can be avoided if your child adopts a few preventive measures. Our pediatric dentists have come up with tips. They are:
- Brushing – Your child should never go to bed without brushing their teeth. It is advisable to brush at least twice a day. You can make sure that your child maintains a time gap of 30 minutes to 1 hour between eating and brushing.
- Flossing – Flossing is equally important as brushing. Not flossing can lead to the buildup of harmful bacteria in your child’s mouth and cause critical oral problems. It is recommended that he/she flosses before brushing for great results.
- Do not eat hard candies – You should not let your child eat hard candies regularly. Eating these candies can cause cracks in his/her teeth and let the harmful bacteria damage the teeth roots.
- Visit a pediatric dentist – Dental professionals say that a child should first visit a dental clinic around his/her first birthday. Take your kid for regular dental checkups. This will lead to the detection of cracks in teeth (if any) at an early stage and hence the issue can be resolved with ease.
We hope that you have now gathered a better understanding of the root canal is necessary for kids. Get in touch with us if you have any further confusion regarding this topic. Our professionals are always here to help you out in every way possible. Call us at (253) 242-2235.